Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Make a Halloween Card with Echo Park


Halloween Cards and Home Decor
Time to start thinking about Halloween cards and decorations. Echo Park makes that easy with their rich and robust seasonal collection, "Story of Fall" and their Designer Die set called "Haunted Mansion".
I'm on the Blitsy Blog today to show you a dramatic card that really brings out the gorgeous colors of this Echo Park paper collection. Perfect for the changing season.
Prefer home decor instead of a card? See how easy this card can be transformed into a fun Halloween decoration for the wall. I'll show you how!
Let's get crafty and zip over to the Blitsy Blog right here


Here are some close ups of this Fun Spooky Halloween Card using Echo Park




Let's see how this card was made

1.
I grabbed some Echo Park goodies - the "Story of Fall" 6x6 collection and the Echo Park Designer Die called " Haunted Mansion."
2.  I made the base card by layering a few sheets from the Echo Park "Story of Fall" 6x6 pack. I also added one layer of black cardstock to make a nice crisp bold frame for one of the layers. I tend to use pre-folded cards because they are so easy, but you can score your own cards if you prefer. The card size I used is 5"x6.5" -however I did trim the edge of the pre-folded card down a bit to make the width smaller so the 6x6 paper pad would fit nicely onto the card.

 3.  Next I chose one of my favorite Spellbinders Nestabilities dies, "Triple Tear" and cut two diecuts. I love this die because it is so versatile. It's one of the staples in my stash and a favorite "go to" die for me. Special Note: if you have difficulties getting your papers free from the dies, then you may need the Spellbinders Tool N'One. It has a great poking tool that helps free your papers without aggravation.
4.  I wanted to add a decorative black layer so I pulled out a paper doilie and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distress ink in "Black Soot". This messy work was done using Ken Oliver's "The Best Ever Craft Mat". And it really is! No mess, easy clean up and it doesn't slip and slid underneath you as you work like other mats do.



5.  I inked the edge of the small circle with Black Soot Distress ink, and layered the die cuts over the black doilie for drama.


6.  I grabbed the Echo Park Designer Die set, "Haunted Mansion" and cut the spooky house and bats using black cardstock. I wanted them to really pop and be bold against the orange patterned paper background.

 7.  Those finishing touches are so important in pulling the card together and making it look polished, complete and extraordinary. It's also a great way to give a project your extra special love. These are my finishing touches:
1. Dots of yellow stickles around the die cut circle.
2. Adding a sentiment with a fine point pen or marker

3. Adding delicate black crystal gems to the corners of the card.



Here is the finished Halloween Card


Turn your card into Halloween Home Decor

Perhaps you don't send out Halloween cards but you still like to decorate. No one says it needs to be a card. Go ahead and turn that card into a fun piece of home decor by popping it into a frame. Super easy!

Here's what you need to make this Halloween Card


Echo Park Haunted Mansion Die
Echo Park The Story Of Fall 6" x 6" Paper Pad
Ken Oliver - The Best Ever Craft Mat
Want2Scrap Baby Bling Rhinestones - Black
Ranger Stickles - Yellow
Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Black Soot
Unique Doilies Round Pkg 4.5" 48
Beacon 3 in 1 Adhesive
Ranger Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool
Ranger Inkssentials Replacements Blending Foams
Black cardstock
Spellbinders Tool'N One
Spellbinders Nestabilites Triple Tear
Pre-folded cards



No comments:

Post a Comment