Sunday, May 17, 2015

Maja Design Cards Using Vintage Baby Collection




Maja Design's Card Day

Maja Design celebrated what they call, "card day."  The designers created cards using various collections.  I chose the Vintage Baby Collection.  While this is a card for a baby boy, the collection also has girl pages and neutrals too. 

I made this card for my friend who recently had her first child, Fletcher.  Fletcher is indeed a precious little darlin.  

Check out the rest of the cards here

My Steps:
This is an easy card that looks complex.  The magic behind this card  is simply a lot of  layering. 

Step 1.  I used a pre-folded card but you can use cardstock if you prefer and cut/score for a crisp fold. 

Step 2.  Choose a coordinated paper collection with small print.  I like to use 6x6 pads because they have smaller print perfect for card making.  BUT that is not necessary. 

Step 3.  I layered 3 different patterns for this card before adding my sentiment.    The sentiment is then backed with foam tape to give it a bit of dimension.  

Step 4.  You can add a delicate simple flower, bow  or other small embellishments as desired.  

Step 5.  The lettering - I had some white alphabet stickers.  When I added the white letters to my card, they got a bit lost.  So I gently inked them with soft brown ink before adding to the card.  I also added glue to the back even though they have adhesive already on them.  I have realized that never lasts.  

Inevitably the "F" would fall off and now it becomes a card for Letcher.  Not cool.  I save myself the humiliation by adding glue.  


Thanks for stopping.  This card features the Maja Design Vintage Baby Collection. 
You can see more cards from the Design Team here

1 comment: