Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Prima #MyDollMyStyle Julie Nutting Blog Hop

Welcome to the Prima #MyDollMyStyle hop 

This is a fun hop to show how diverse the Nutting Dolls can be. Thanks for stopping here from the Prima Blog

My tag  celebrates  my  homeland. 
I let Julie Nutting's Aidan stamp be "Uncle Sam" for a day.   I think he makes a super "Uncle Sam" standing tall and proud in his patriotic outfit. 


Since this tag was meant to represent the United States, I'll tell you the particular features:



  • Used Julie Nutting's Water color tag pad for the background.  The watercolor painted stripes were meant to loosely resemble the stripes of the American flag..
  • I used the Elementals Star stencil with Finnabair's new opaque modeling paste on his hat and in the background ( however it is very light in the background).
  • I added the Prima Cardinal Red wire thread and Ingvild Bolme's new metal Swirls to represent fireworks.    Fireworks are often used to symbolize the US Independence Day on July 4th. 

The words on my tag state the US Pledge of Allegiance.  I think it is beautiful.  

"  I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible with Liberty and justice for all.  "



As for some additional items on the tag, I raised Aidan by backing him with cardboard. I kept him simple and used watercolor paints for his shirt and hair.  


Join us at    #MyDollMyStyle and thanks so very much for hopping today.  

You can go back to the hop here to the Prima Blog

Prima Supplies:
910907 Prima Julie Nutting Doll Stamp - Aidan
961312 Prima Finnabair Elementals - Stencil Stars
572785 Prima Metal Die
892487 Prima Ingvild Bolme Metals - Swirls
961428 Prima Finnabair Art Basics -Soft Matte Gel
577582 Prima Flowers Del Mar Andalusians
961411  Prima Finnabair Art Basics - Modeling Paste Opaque
576080 Prima Stamp Block
910853 Prima Julie Nutting Watercolors Tag Pad
577001 Prima Wire Thread  -Cardinal

Other Supplies:
water color paints
edge punch

No comments:

Post a Comment