Monday, September 1, 2014

Flying Unicorn Sept OTP - Dress Form


Hello friends!
We are THRILLED  to reveal the September  kit of the month and invite you to  join us once again at Flying Unicorn to share your creativity and inspiration using our September Kit. 

 Here is my OTP for Sept.  I used the Maja Design FIKE collection for my bodice and the hat.  The hat template is found in the Flying Unicorns templates from Tammy found here





I sprayed the dress form white first.  After that, I started to decorate with the Maja Design papers from the FIKA collection, which is my favorite from Maja ( though I seem to say that every-time I use any of their collections). The bodice is  Tva Froknar.

In order to make the paper mold to the dress form, I misted the papers with water, then adhered to the dress form using Prima's Art Basics Soft Matte Gel , by Finnabair.
Once wet, the paper actually molds nicely. 


I made the hat using a template that can be found on the Flying Unicorns site -posted by Tammy Henderson.  

I added a metal Adornment from the Flying Unicorns to the bust-line.    The lace has been inked with Prima Color Blooms Tea Stain to give an aged antique appearance. 





The large purple flowers are some older Prima flowers.   The metal frame came from the Sept Kit and is a metal adornment from the Flying Unicorns exclusive stock. 

The hat is Maja Design Fika -Kladdkaka with the hat band being from the paper called  - En kopp.

The brown flowers are actually not quite as brown.  They are Prima Parchment flowers and I enhanced with Color Bloom Mists in Worn Leather.   The mist was perfect and created the richness I was hoping to capture. 



Thanks for stopping by.
Supplies:
Flying Unicorns Kit of the Month - Sept.  Off the Page project ( dress form Darice)
Maja Design -Fika collection - Dress Bodice is Tva Froknar
Maja Design -Fika collection -Hat - Kladdkaka
Maja Design -Fika collection  - Hat band - En kopp
white paint
Prima Color Bloom Mists - Worn Leather 573829
Prima Color Bloom Mists - Tea Stain 573836
Flying Unicorns Metal Adornments
String pearls
Prima Flowers - Parchment 551971
Prima Leaves -
Prima Roses Large - Purple PE390
lace
feathers


No comments:

Post a Comment