Monday, February 3, 2014

Flying Unicorns Kit of the Month - Feb Canvas




I am still rolling out pieces created with  the February Kit of the Month.  This was absolutely an amazing collection and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  It was not a Valentine's themed kit, but I thought the soft, delicate appeal of the Kaisercraft "Key To My Heart" paper included in the the kit lent itself to be used in a Valentine, angelic sort of way. 

I know I have mentioned this before but mists and paints are really difficult for me to use confidently.  To help with the discomfort, I painted my canvas with clear gesso first.  This helps me manage my mists better.  It's no secret that I am a fearful mister.  yes call me a coward - that's just fine.  I don't want to spray my mist and have the color be too robust, don't want it landing on places that were unintended.  Thus I use a layer of clear gesso and then I can wipe up and dab the areas where I lost control of my mist... or was unhappy with the look of the mist.

I can appreciate how some people have no fear, and have utter  misting confidence.  I have confidence as well, but my confidence lies in that I better be able to remove the mist if I hate what I did.  hehehee



So after my subtle misting, I ripped a piece of Kaisercraft Key to My Heart paper to cover most of the mist - hehehe I know.  Still a coward.  

I did some stamping around the canvas with various stamps and finished with a stencil and applied Viva Modeling Creme - Other of Pear over the stencil.  This is like a very soft and pretty champagne color.

Thanks for stopping here. 

Supplies:
Flying Unicorns Kit of the Month - Feb
12x12  Canvas
Prima Ingvild Bolme Chalk Ink- Old Rose 
Shimmerz Spritz Mist - Cotton Candy
Prima Clear Stamp -544980
Kaisercraft -Key to my heart collection
Prima Cling Stamp Anna Marie Collectrion - 570095
Inkadinkado Stamps - Flowers Flourishes 60-60047
Prima Stencil 564230
Viva Modeling Creme - Other of Pearl
gold jewelers thread
Imaginarium Chipboard -Phrases -LOVE YOU IDP0026

No comments:

Post a Comment