Saturday, October 26, 2013

Flying Unicorns and Leaky Shed Chipboard Team Up in October


This month the Flying Unicorns and Leaky Shed Studios Chipboards have teamed up. 

My friend asked me to create a piece for a 60th Anniversary of two lovebirds.  My friend supplied me with a  special photo of her Nana and Papa in the early days of their marriage when Papa won his first business  award.  This is the very moment he received it and is happily pointing to the award.  It is a great defining moment in their lives.

I showed my friend a whole selection of paper choices and color ideas that would help frame this sentimental image wonderfully.  She chose a few papers and told me to do my thing for her. 

In "Jen" fashion, I just could not decide which paper and look I personally liked best so I created two pieces and let her make the difficult decision.  Then she could have one to keep as well.  

The resulting pieces prove that the papers and the embellishments determine the overall feel and mood of the work.   Chipboard is an important element adding dimension, sentiment, elegance, and providing an anchor for the image.  

Here are the Leaky Shed pieces I used on this layout (  The Memories piece is not shown but is Leaky Shed as well): 



Chipboard does not need to be ornately finished.  All of my chipboard pieces on this layout simply had a topcoat of Stampendous Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel. A little blast of my heat gun and BAM - done and elegant looking. 

I frequently use chipboard neked or with a light coat of paint. It looks fabulous any way it's used.



This is the second piece created.  I used the Leaky Shed Victorian Oval to make the fussy ornate paper frame pop and give it dimension. You can see it in the inside edge.

Once again, all the Leaky Shed chipboard on this piece below were topped with gold embossing powder -easy and no fuss.   The frame also had a few Prima pearls in green for accent.




What I love about chipboard is that you can make it fit your needs  and vision.  I used the Ornate Corner shown above and cut it into four pieces.  Yes, it is absolutely spectacular "as is", but I just wanted a certain look so I cut the two side pieces off and used them as flourishes to my frame.  Then I used the bottom chipboard tip at the base of my frame.

The remaining piece was used at the top left corner of my page.



Here are  the supplies I used:

Blue Layout:
Leaky Shed StudiosChipboard -  Memories Word Chippie 821
Leaky Shed Studios Chipboard - Keyhole Fancy 424-1
Leaky Shed Studios Chipboard - Flower Corner Chippie 362CB
Prima Wishes and dreams Brads 970192
Prima Flowers 565756 Frost Snow Drops
Prima Flowers Tatiana 566340
Prima Stencil 960551
Kaisercraft Marigold Collection - Mustard P1023
Teresa Collins World Traveler Brads WT2812
Martha  Stewart edge punch - Eyelet Lace Punch
Adirondack Paint - Sandal
Stampendous Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel
Ranger Emboss It Roller

Orange Layout:
Leaky Shed StudiosChipboard -  Victorian Oval Frame 6134
Leaky Shed Studios Chipboard - Ornate Corner 542-1
Prima Hello Pastel Flowers - 564537
Prima Flowers Abbey 571818
Prima Flowers Serentiy 571344
Prima Stencil 564766
Prima Stamp
Prima E-line pearl Crystals 300586
Kaisercraft Marigold Collection - Lemon  P1020
Kaisercraft Marigold Collection - Buttercup  PS256
Kaisercraft Marigold Collection - Amber   P1015
Teresa Collins World Traveler Brads WT2812
Lindy's Stamp Gang Byzantine Bronze embossing powder
Adirondack Paint - Sandal
Burlap
Gesso
Ranger Emboss It Roller

Thanks so much for visiting - grab up your Leaky Shed before it's gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment