Monday, June 3, 2013

The Martin House - Inkido


Inkido Monday...here to share the new Inkido collection, some artwork and a photo.



This is a photo I took of a Martin birdhouse in North Carolina.  We almost caused a car accident when we saw this magnificent human sized birdhouse in someone's backyard.  Martins are known as mosquito eaters.  Must be this homeowner has a giant pesty insect problem based on the size of this birdhouse.  And, yes, that is a door for a human to walk through.

My inspiration for this page is that birdhouse.   I wanted to get the look and feel of the old peeling paint on the birdhouse structure.  I used a piece of 12x12 cardboard that I cut from an old box.  If you way an easy way to peel paper off cardboard, just get it wet and let the water soak in a little.  The paper separates easily.  I opted to leave some of the paper on for texture.  (The actual photo is posted below.)

Here are some of the divine Inkido products I used to crate this page.  I also used Beautiful Memories - Blue Flowers paper SDM12471 as well, not shown below.





Inkido has these really cool Star pins shown below.  They worked really well for sticking into my thick cardboard.  I bent them a little too after sticking them in the cluster. I gave them more "lift" by bending them.


Here is a great shot  of the Inkido lace trim that I selected.  I stained it with brown stain and then coated it with glossy crackle paint.  It makes the ink colors very rich.  I also did that with the edges of my cardboard and the Inkido Bling orange crystal gems.  Everything got slathered in glossy crackle paint.




Thanks for looking here.

Where you will find this piece and other listed for purchasing  as gifts. Right here


Just a reminder that Inkido has it's monthly challenge that can be found here!

Supplies:
Inkido Lace Off white 1,5 
Inkido Bling Orange
Inkido Cherry Blossom Latte
InkidoCollage Stamp - Note5
Inkido Beautiful Memories - Green Blossoms SM12462  and Blue Flowers SM12471
Inkido Starpins mixed (12)
Inkido Stamp - Butterfly Large
Cardboard
Tim Holtz - Vintage Photo stain and Distressed ink
Clearsnap Donna Salazar Mixd media Inx - Vintage. Mossy
Ranger - Clear Rockcandy Crackle Paint
Floral berries/feathers
Sizzix die -leafy stem

1 comment:

  1. What an incredible bird house! Glad you shared this photo as I've never seen anything like that. Amazing. And what a beautiful layout you've made with it!

    ReplyDelete