Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Hero - FabScraps Adrenaline Collection



Hero
This is my father-in-law.  He is a Hero.  He proudly served in WWII in the 101st Fox Company in  Belgium in the Battle of the Bulge; rough times, deadly times, difficult and bitter cold times but ever so important and heroic times. 

Now I am certain all military folk would tell me that I have his honorable technical title, his unit, his division and his position totally incorrect, but for me, a civilian,  I don't think so.  The only title I think important is Hero.  

This FabScraps Adrenaline collection honors all military Heros bravely serving all countries - and there are so many heros.   We all know them: Our grandparents, dads and uncles, our sons, our daughters, moms, sisters, the boy down the street, your best friend's child, those wounded soldiers who need our compassion,  and perhaps that bravest person you once knew who never came home. 

I celebrate them today.  I also thank FabScraps for honoring those bravest of people and giving us all a collection to boldly celebrate their lives and their heroic achievements. 


FabScraps  Adrenaline  Chipboard Army Tank DC54006

FabScraps Adrenaline Military Base CampC54001


FabScraps Adrenaline Pitstop Power C54003

FabScraps Adrenaline Cloud Jumping C54008

The tank was inked was sprayed with Lindy's Cattail Copper Brown mist, then drizzled with Lindy's Stamp Gang Edelweiss Moss Green.  After that dried, I inked the edges with Tim Holtz Rusty Hinge ink and stamped my title. 

My final treatment to make it pop was to coat with Ranger - Clear Rock Candy.  It really accentuates the rich colors. 

As a final touch, I coated the edges of my whole page in Clear Rock Candy as well to make the be strong and vibrant, rich with color. 


Thanks for looking.  Let's celebrate a Hero today!
Remember to visit the blog




My Supplies:
FabScraps  Adrenaline  Chipboard Army Tank DC54006
FabScraps Adrenaline Cloud Jumping C54008
FabScraps Adrenaline Pitstop Power C54003
FabScraps Adrenaline Military Base CampC54001
Ranger - Clear Rock Candy
Lindy's Stamp Gang - Cattail Copper Brown/Edelweiss Moss Green
Tim Holtz - Vintage Photo/Rusty Hinge
EK Success - Binding Edges punch
Bo Bunny Brads - Timepiece
Cheesecloth and orange metallic mesh
Jewelry chain
Cardboard
Stamps and Archival Ink - jet black







3 comments:

  1. Stunning masculine page. Love every detail!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Jen! Love this masculine LO, just the perfect amount of grungy perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so different from what you normally scrap, but I also really love it. It is really masculin, or "stoer" as we would say in Dutch. Love the chains you used!

    ReplyDelete