Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April Mood Board Challenge - Maja Design



April's mood board features the soft pastels of Spring and all that is gorgeous  with the Vintage Spring Basics collection.  this is called Orchids.    I took the photo in Florida in June 2013. 



You are free to interpret the mood boards in any way you’d like. They are supposed to provide inspiration. Draw your inspiration from the colors of the collection, the verse by Elvis, words and photos. You are free to use any Maja papers you’d like as long as they follow the color scheme. We highly encourage you to follow the theme of the mood board as well.
We are presenting a new mood board the first Tuesday of every month. We will be presenting all participating creations that fulfill the requirements below April 30th. We will also draw a winner who will be winning a Maja Design collection of their own choice in 6×6 or 12×12.
After your creation is done, take a photo and send it to moodboard@majadesign.nu without any watermarks (size 600×600). Include your full name and address in the e-mail together with what collection you would like if you win. Don’t forget to write down if you would like 6×6 or 12×12. We need your creation April 28th at the latest. And don't forget to be mindful of the timezone
If you need help sizing your photo properly, I have a super easy tutorial with a free tool for assistance here.  
We will only publish creations that fulfill the requirements!



Here are some close ups of the work I prepared.  This image shows the mask I used with molding paste.
After the paste dried, I coated with a clear gel medium like clear gesso. I knew my next step was misting so did not want the mist soaking into the paper or the molding paste.

 I used some mists  and made sure they got into the creases and crevasses of the dried molding paste ( you can see my product list at the end of this post).

After the mist has dried, I apply some gesso or white acrylic paint with a foam brush to the very top surface of the molding paste to make white again.

My papers rolls are glued at the end of each roll so they do not flatten out or unroll over time.



Maja Design 1st of April

Maja Design 3rd of March
 Maja Design 5th of April


Maja Design 10th of April

Come and play along at Maja Design.
Thanks for stopping here.

Supplies:
Maja Design Vintage Spring Basics - 1st of April BAS-601 (background)
Maja Design Vintage Spring Basics - 3rd of March BAS-592 (stripes)
Maja Design Vintage Spring Basics - 10th of April BAS-610 (stripes)
Maja Design Vintage Spring Basics - 5th of April BAS-605 ( stripes)
Sprays/Mists:  Shimmerz Colorings -MonShari and Lindy's Starburst Frosted Forget Me Not
Faber Castell - Gel Medium clear
Claudine Hellmuth Studio Acrylic -Pastel Yellow
Prima Mask Poppies and Peonies -  922436 (6x6) /922146 (6x6)
Gesso
Golden Light Molding Paste

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I love this LO, beautiful soft colors. I really have to go and search where I can buy this beautiful Maya paper lines here in the Netherlands! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing creation!!
    Great piece of art !!
    Love these beautiful soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning creation! Very Spring like feeling. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Jen!! Your layout is REALLY B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you don't get tired of me saying "Oh this is so BEAUTIFUL" LOL. Because it really is!!

    ReplyDelete