Thursday, October 4, 2012

Featured Artist for Oct 2012 -Donna Salazar



I am very honored to have been selected as featured Artist for Donna Salazar. 
I opened the blog this morning to search for the Oct. challenge and saw this layout posted under featured artist.  Thanks so much Natasha and team at Donna Salazar. 

If you have not tried the challenges over at Donna Salazar, or have not gotten yourself acquainted with the Mix'd Media Inx line or some of Donna's cool stamps, take a moment to browse over at the site.  The Design Team rocks it over there with innovation. 

Donna Salazar product List: 
Clearsnap - Donna Salazar- Mix'd Media Inx Jasmine
Stampers Anonymous - Donna Salazar Stamps in Bubble Wrap and Vine

My Evenings on the Beach (original post link)
We go to Florida every year in the summer.  We love the heat.  We have a routine and we rather like our boring, repetitive evenings.  I take my camera and tripod to the beach.  Husband takes his beach chair and book.  He totally lets me "do my thing" with my camera while he reads. 

This year my husband clicked a few photos of his own with his new phone. I had no idea. I did not see them till we got home.  Lo and behold husband liked watching me  "do my thing" on the beach.  He said this was his favorite photo of me in Florida.   This is how he wants to remember our evenings on vacation.   Such a man!  

But I have to say that it was interesting seeing me from his point of view.   Are those seriously sneakers on in the sand?  Yep. This is exactly how I am when I am taking my photos....purposeful.  Sand has no business between my toes when I am on a mission to capture the photo I want.  

In order to get my tripod into the suitcase, I do honestly sacrifice several pairs of shoes.  Shoes need to stay home.  What will make me happier in the long run?  Not pretty feet - but a cool photo?  oh yeah.

I am also very excited to show how I used the new 3rd Eye Kardiogram stamp all around the page. These stamps are design by Drycha, (Karolina Stopyra) and couldn't be any cooler.  They will be available soon from the Scraps of Elegance and Scraps Of Darkness Store. So keep checking back.

Thanks a ton to Donna Salazar's wonderful team.  I appreciate this a great deal.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! This is fabulous. Love how you made this look like she is standing outside of the frame of the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! A honor well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete