Saturday, September 15, 2012

Scraps Of Darkness Sept. Kit - My Guy

Welcome to the September Scraps Of Darkness -My Guy

This edgy creative kit features Prima Craftsman Collection and Kaisercraft Sears and Sons Collection.   very cool combo.

Guest Designer - Martha Richardson.  Martha is one amazing artist, designing for Helmar and Tattered Angels. 


Bike
This was a canvas that I really layered up with gesso, molding paste, clear gel medium, paper layers, masking tape, inking, stamping and mesh.

I used a technique of image transfer I recently learned  from a couple of sources:  Drycha (Karolina Stopyra) and from Alda Stevens.  The bike image is from a stock image program just so you know.




King of the Alley Cats
This is a photo I took last winter of a junk yard.   I was actually looking around for a cool place to take some photos with my son and the junk yard said "here I am, over here!".  
Some artist painted google eyes on the junk yard -very interesting  and colorful place pitted against the clean fresh snowfall.

The kitty image is also the same image transfer technique that I did above in canvas in my "Bike" piece.  I wanted to see how well it would work on paper to paper. 


I used the Dusty Attic Chicken Wire Panel DA0177 and stained it with Tim Holtz stain in Rusty Hinge.  Then I coated with Glossy Accents.  

The big Prima light bulbs are from their Junk Yard Findings collection.  Pretty funny considering my photo origins. 

I used three 3rd Eye stamps by Drycha.  You really need to check them out.  The Small Skull is stamped on the cards.  The Chic Corner is above the Kitty image and my favorite, the Kardiogram, is here and there about the page.  Love them to pieces.   More please Drycha.  Keep on designing. 



I used the "Widgets" paper from the Prima Craftsman collection and placed behind the Prima Junk Yard light bulbs to give them more dimension.  I inked with Tim Holtz Mustard Seed before adhering to the light bulbs with Glossy Accents.   Made them pop  little more with color. 


Thanks for looking
Come for a visit over to Scraps Of Darkness

No comments:

Post a Comment