Friday, May 11, 2012

Tutorial -How to Combine Your Border Punches -Have Some Fun

Combining Punches:
I must admit that I am having a case of punching boredom. If you are like me and live within a budget, then punches are a "once in a while" type purchase.

Boredom must be the "mother of invention".  And since Mothers Day is approaching, I guess this idea is just fitting. I decided to mix up my border punches lately.  Shake it up a bit and re-energize my punches.  Make the most of what I have. 

I borrowed this layout from my sweetheart,  Escape Kitty, since I help her out so often by supplying all her scrapping materials.  Sorry EK!  But I am giving you credit after all. 
I added some contrast to this image in photoshop so that the border would pop for you to see more easily ( so please keep in mind that the photo below isn't "pretty" - it's dramatic.)



I mixed up the border punches by using the Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page Eyelet Lace at the corner, and then with one additional punch to extend the design, then I switch to the Martha Stewart Cherish Punch Around the Page.  Here are the two punches below.


Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page - Cherish


Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page - Eyelet Lace

Example Two:
I mixed up the border punches by using the Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page Wildflowers on the ends,  then I switch to the Martha Stewart Cherish edge punch.

I sharpened the edge a bit so you can see it better. 


Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page - Wildflowers

Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page - Cherish


Example Three:
I started in the corner with the Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page -Deco Fan 
Edge Punch is Martha Stewart -Cherish 


Example Four:
Edge Punch is Martha Stewart -Cherish 
Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page -Deco Fan Corner  punch used in the middle


Example Five:
Started in the corner using Martha Stewart  Vintage Lace  
Edge Punch is Martha Stewart -Cherish 
Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page -Deco Fan Corner  punch used in the middle


Thanks for looking now go have some punching fun and let me know what fun combinations you created.




5 comments:

  1. thank you for such detailed tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the punchwork! beautiful layouts Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so CLEVER!!! and I love the effect you have achieved by doing this. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your creativity just astounds me. I never would have thought of that

    ReplyDelete