Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Scraps Of Elegance Reveal - Butterfly Dreams

Welcome to the March reveal of Scraps Of Elegance, Butterfly Dreams. 
This kit has all the makings and elements of a fresh spring day.  Romantic, elegant, fun and vibrant. What a joy to scrap with and adore.

We are so happy and honored to have Patty Rogers guest designing with us this month.  You may also know Patty by her "online" name - Asassyscrapper. 


So let's take a look at the reveal:

Old Postcard 1910:
 This was created using the wonderful vintage postcard that came in the kit.  Each kit has an authentic original postcard so they all are unique.  Mine was dated 1910.  The faded quality of the card adds to the vintage feel for me.

This was based on the sketch design for March by Charlotte Jenkins, aka suepup.
My background papers are from a book that is even older than the postcard, chiming in at 1895. The pages were so brittle that had to use modpodge to secure them and keep them from disintegrating.
The clustering on this page features the florals from Petaloo and a wooden frame from Kaisercraft.


Here is Charlotte's sketch.


Butterfly Garden

This is a photo I took of my cousin and her husband in the late fall.  This features some ZVA products like the ZVA leaf vines and the leafy bling at the bottom.

The butterflies were cut from a second sheet of the same Bo Bunny Country Garden paper and layered for dimension.   After the butterflies were put in place, I covered in Crackle Distress paint, Rock Candy.   This is a clear medium that dries with a crackle effect if you let it airdry.   It also warped the wings of my butterflies in an ever so perfect way, as if they are indeed, in flight fluttering about my page. I added some gold microbeads over the Rock Candy while it was wet.

I also used the  Dusty Attic Ornate Mini Gates, DA0190.   Love these little gates.  I painted them white and then covered in Adirondack Paint colored Sandal.  I used Yellow stickles for a bit of blingy color pop in my garden.




Happy Little Baby
This next page is a little more girly for a change.  It's a photo I took of my Great-niece at about 4 months old.  She is such a happy baby. 
I used a few Dusty Attic pieces here. My first selections were the  Mini  Fleur de Lis 20 pk DA0438 .   I took a wet wipe and set it on top of my Fleur de Lis pieces (I always keep wet wipes at my scrappy area for wet distressing instead of water - a whole lot safer for the "never graceful me").  I grabbed a cup of hot coffee because I scrap at 4:30 am before work. 

When I got back to my scrappy table, the wet wipe had soaked it quite nicely and my Dusty Attic Fluer de Lis were ready to be shaped and slightly bent at the edges.   I blasted quickly with the heat gun, sipped my coffee, and set to work painting them white.

After they dried, I took my water pen and Lindy's Micas in Cosmopolitan Pink and delicately painted.  



The second product I selected to use was the Pots and Columns DA0546.   
I coated my pot in super thick gesso and really globbed it on.  After it dried, I added some glitter, some  trim at the top, a little pink ink on the edges, and once again grabbed my water pen and Lindy's Mica in Cosmopolitan Pink for the center decoration on the pot.


Adore
This old vintage postcard is from Vic26 at Art e-vine.com.  I am running a Round Robin Challenge at Scraps of Elegance and have the most talented entries this month so I decided to play along for fun.  This design is from our wonderfully gifted Rebecca or Bexta76.  Thanks for the inspiration.

I used the delicious vintage lace that came in the kit along with the vibrant and perfectly matched Petaloo florals.

This is the Dusty Attic Dress Form #2,2pk DA0390, that has been painted white, embossed with Shimmerz Enamelz to give it an opalescent effect.  Then I added some pearls and an older K and Company rub-on.

The leaves and vines are Heartfelt Creations/ Spellbinders Bella Rose.

Please consider stopping by the  Scraps Of Elegance site and check out the kit, the artwork, the tutorials, the creative fun. You can check out the rest of the design team's work here

Thanks for looking.





No comments:

Post a Comment