Thursday, December 15, 2011

Scraps Of Darkness Reveal Day - December Winter's Eve

Introducing Winter's Eve - The Scraps Of Darkness December Kit

This was eye popping gorgeous.  I opened the kit box and did not know where to start.    So I started with the sketch:


Christmas on the Farm – Scraps Of Darkness


This was a photo I took at a tree farm only a few weeks ago.   I thought the wreath was funny.  
I did a whole lot of fussy cutting on this to transform it into a wreath.  The Dusty Attic Bird of Paradise was fun to create also.  
This was made using the Scraps Of Darkness December Kit - Winter's Eve. Based on the sketch of Charlotte - suepup.  She is a sketch genius.  

Now the little pine cones...that's a story.  The same day I took this photo, Dec. 3rd, it was 60 degrees F out. Unheard of in NY where it should be snowing.  
I had seen this LO with some great digital pinecone flowers and thought, I can do this in real life.  So I asked my husband if he wanted to take a nice romantic stroll in our local park.  

Yep - he fell for it.  But asked why on earth I was bringing along a shopping bag.  What?  Me?   Then I had to spill it.  My real purpose was pine cone fetching. Keep your eyes open for the big whoppers please honey. 
walk walk walk, no cones.  Anywhere!  Found a few medium sized ones but I swear some other scrapper got to the park first and scooped up more than her share!  Maybe for a wreath?  sheesh the nerve!

The hubby joyfully spots a bunch of tiny little cones still on the tree.  So we picked to our hearts delight and I was happy.  It was NOT exactly what I wanted but life seldom is. 



I love the Dusty Attic Bird of Paradise.    First I added some molding paste to the feather section.  Then I misted with Tattered Angels Glimmer mist - Santa Baby (how appropriate).  Then I rubbed with gold leaf wax.   To finish, I added gold micro beads on the belly.  

Smile for Me - Scraps Of Darkness



This was a photo I took of a friend’s granddaughter this past  Sept.  
I used the Dusty Attic peacock feathers  because her hat was adorned with peacock feathers.


                                                                                   Dec 2012 Edition


 Sleigh Ride -  Scraps Of Darkness

This was a photo I obtained from Amanda Howard at CreativeSouls.com    
I used a Dusty Attic decorative Sweetpea frame that I cut up to suit my needs.  I love doing that with Dusty Attic.  Make the pieces so versatile. 
The design was based on a  sketch from Beggahuna 2010.  It is a stunning sketch. 



The Lily - Scraps Of Darkness

 This was a photo I took of MY garden.  Finally, a flower to behold from my very own garden.  I usually have to run next door to the neighbor’s house for any kind of nature shots.  She’s got it going on over there.  I have 1 flower, but am trying to make the most of this one lonestar lily. 
I used a Dusty Attic decorative piece here.



Sleep Baby, Sleep – Scraps Of Darkness


This was a photo I took of my Great Niece in Sept.   She is only a few months old.    I used nibs to paint the Bo Bunny paper.  I assure you I did stay within the lines when I was coloring



Please check out Scraps Of Darkness.      If you wish to view the work from the rest of the design team,  you can find them here.

Thanks for taking the time to visit.

1 comment:

  1. WOWZERS girl.....these are all so amazing..I am just loving that one so much with the old tractor and the wreath...very very cool designs :) Merry Xmas :)

    ReplyDelete