Monday, September 12, 2011

Seashells of Naples Florida


There is something so soothing about the sea, shells, the colors associated with the ocean, and for us, everything Florida.   We just love Florida.  We try to make it to Florida at least once a year.  

In our recent trip to Napes, FL in July 2011, we found a delightful shop on the Old Naples Pier and I saw these shells in the store window - they were picking up the morning sunlight in the window and I had to capture the peaceful picture. 

This layout was done for a round robin challenge and I followed my friend, Peggy .  She's a gifted and amazing scrapper and provides us all with such heartfelt inspiration.  Turns out, Peggy emailed me on every site she could possibly find to alert me that one of the participants was unable to play this week. I am running the challenge so I need to find a replacement.  

Usually not much of a problem, except that it's Sat afternoon and posting is for Monday.  Not much time for people to step in so I opted  to fill in.  This resulted in me being a highly supportive wife and encouraging my husband to go out with buddies for the evening.  LOL.  Get me some solitary scrapping time and stare at Peggy's LO for some lightening speed inspiration. 

My background :paper is Pink Paislee- House of Three- Parisian Anthology resist paper in Lovely Lace.  I started off with Timmy Holtz distress ink in Broken China thinking I needed blue.  Nope it was too much blue.   Then I added Timmy's Bundled Sage to tone down the blue and achieve more of a sea-glass blue green color that I could live with.

Thanks to Timmy's blending tool, Timmy has a color for every occasion.    


Here are a few close ups  of the layout cluster details.  The first spotlights the Dusty Attic seashells.

For the seashells, I did a few simple steps:
1.  Started off painting them white with Adirondack Paint in Snowcap.

2.  Got my little pallet knife out and spread some gesso on top of the dry chippies. I really clumped it on thick for some texture.

3.  Using my water pen, added some highlights of Lindy's Stamp Gang brand Magicals.  colors: Blue hawaiian, A Bit O'Bubbly, and My Mojito Green.    These all came in a recent color add on kit from Scraps of Darkness!  It was a really cool, fun color add-on. 

4.  Finished the pieces off with some micro beads to emulate sand granules stuck in the shells. 



Thanks for taking the time to look at these. And much thanks to Peggy for the design and creative inspiration.


2 comments:

  1. What a stunning photo and page!!! I love all the shells and soothing colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Jen! Love the warm soft colors and I can feel the warm summer breeze on my face as I look at this.

    ReplyDelete